West Parish Burying Ground, Newton, MA (River Street Cemetery)
West Parish Burying Ground, also known as River Street Cemetery, is an historic cemetery located at River and Cherry streets, Newton, MA. On December 13, 2004, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (Site – # 04001221).
The Cemetery dates from the 1781 when the term parish had both a political and religious connotation. The West Parish Burying Ground was associated with the Second Church in Newton organized in 1781, which celebrated its 225th anniversary in 2006. The Cemetery is owned and operated by the City of Newton.